Monday, April 13, 2009

Best of Blogs

I'm calling on the power of my "freebie blog" to relieve me from the more serious and sometimes stuffy public policy options.
My first blog of choice is the Black Snob. Its a Black female's perspective on politics and pop culture with heavy helpings of sarcasm and witty humor. I love that the author, Danielle Belton, keeps her readers involved in the makeup of her website, with polls asking readers which "snob"feature, such as incognegro or limits of Blackness, should be added back to the blog. I can read Belton's opinion on Obama's latest political move or his wife upsetting the black fashion industry by snubbing their designs. I was even able to get through her rather lengthy post on the term "hating" also known as "stop hating" "hateration", which are often used to trivialize and discredit valid analysis and criticism of someone or something that is lacking or is at fault.

I couldn't have a freebie blog without including a mouth watering site. The Fun and Food Blog completely rocks my world. The rich red background color works well for displaying all of the fun dishes and recipes they encourage visitors to try. The pictures of food are gorgeous and make me want to get up and head to my kitchen: curry chicken against bright green cilantro leaves, warm fluffy quick breads and other intriguing recipes are enough to get a little cyber drool going. The tool bar on top gives me easy access to their other categories, such as health and fitness, which is very appropriate considering readers theoretically stuffed their faces with fattening tasty goodness.
Suddenly Frugal is my final selection. I am a cheap woman and always looking for ideas to cut corners and stretch my dollars to the extreme limit. Although the site isn't all that trendy looking, the straight forward tips, such as using water with a little bit of vinegar and soap for window washing, still prevents me from running to the store to by actual window cleaner. What's more is that Leah Ingram, the writer, always finds a way to personally relate her tips to her own learning experiences and life lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment